On 12/20/2013 05:51 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
Excerpts from Ladislav Smola's message of 2013-12-20 05:48:40 -0800:
On 12/20/2013 02:37 PM, Imre Farkas wrote:
On 12/20/2013 12:25 PM, Ladislav Smola wrote:
2. Heat stack create, update
This is locked in the process of the operation, so nobody can mess with
it while it is updating or creating.
Once we will pack all operations that are now aside in this, we should
be alright. And that should be doable in I.
So we should push towards this, rather then building some temporary
locking solution in Tuskar-API.
It's not the issue of locking, but the goal of Tuskar with the
Provision button is not only a single stack creation. After Heat's job
is done, the overcloud needs to be properly configured: Keystone needs
to be initialized, the services need to be registered, etc. I don't
think Horizon wants to add a background worker to handle such operations.

Yes, that is a valid point. I hope we will be able to pack it all to
Heat Template in I. This could be the way
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/hot-software-config

Seems like the consensus is: It belongs to Heat. We are just not able to
do it that way now.

So there is a question, whether we should try to solve it in Tuskar-API
temporarily. Or rather focus on the Heat.

Interestingly enough, what Imre has just mentioned isn't necessarily
covered by hot-software-config. That blueprint is specifically about
configuring machines, but not API's.

I think we actually need multi-cloud to support what Imre is talking
about. These are API operations that need to follow the entire stack
bring-up, but happen in a different cloud (the new one).

Assuming single servers instead of loadbalancers and stuff for simplicity:

resources:
   keystone:
     type: OS::Nova::Server
   glance:
     type: OS::Nova::Server
   nova:
     type: OS::Nova::Server
   cloud-setup:
     type: OS::Heat::Stack
     properties:
       cloud-endpoint: str_join [ 'https://', get_attribute [ 'keystone',
'first_ip' ], ':35357/' ]
       cloud-credentials: get_parameter ['something']
       template:
         keystone-catalog:
           type: OS::Keystone::Catalog
           properties:
             endpoints:
               - type: Compute
                 publicUrl: str_join [ 'https://', get_attribute [ 'nova',
'first_ip' ], ':8447/' ]
               - type: Image
                 publicUrl: str_join [ 'https://', get_attribute [ 'glance',
'first_ip' ], ':12345/' ]

What I mean is, you want the Heat stack to be done not when the hardware
is up, but when the API's have been orchestrated.

Thanks for pointing that out, we should discuss it with Heat guys.