On 2014-01-14 13:48, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> I've spent some time over the past day or two looking at the dependencies
> between modules in the oslo incubator, trying to balance the desire to have a
> small number of libraries with themes that make sense and the need to
> eliminate circular dependencies.
>
> The results of all of this are posted to
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/GraduationStatus [1], where I have
> grouped the modules together into proposed libraries.
>
> The dependencies between the libraries can be seen in several graphs I've
> prepared and posted to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/Dependencies [2]
>
> Once we settle on the list of libraries, the next step is to look at the
> lowest level libraries to see what steps need to be taken before they can be
> released. I plan to start on that after the icehouse-2 deadline.
>
> Oslo team (and other interested parties), please take a look at the two wiki
> pages above and provide any feedback you have here on this ML thread.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

It would be nice to get lockutils graduated to solve some of the issues
mentioned in the oslo.db section, but I believe we do have an
outstanding question regarding its behavior without lock_path being set.
I think Clint was on board with Sean's proposed solution after quite a
bit of discussion
(http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2013-December/021620.html),
so it's possible we could just restore that patch and call it done, but
it should probably be addressed somehow before graduation.

-Ben

Links:
------
[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Oslo/GraduationStatus