Feel free to tell me this is a bad idea and scold me for even asking, but
please help me figure out how to do it anyway. This is for a specific tenant in
a specific lab that was built specifically for that one tenant to do some
experimental work that requires VMs to route and other VMs to act as
DHCP/PXEBoot servers.

I need to wrap a conditional around this line
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/agent/linux/iptables_firewall.py#L201
 and this line
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/neutron/agent/linux/iptables_firewall.py#L241
 for specific VM instances.

The criteria could be something like pattern matching on the instance name, or
based on a specific flavor image type. I don't much care what the criteria is
as long as it's something the tenant can control. What I'm hoping someone can
provide me with is an example line of code or two with which I can examine some
property of the image that has been created from within the specific file
referenced above in order to wrap if statements around those two lines of code
so that I can prevent them from adding those specific iptables rules in the
specific cases where my tenant needs to either route or respond to DHCP.

Thanks

--
Paul Carver