From: <Murray>, "Paul (HP Cloud Services)"
<pmur...@hp.com<mailto:pmur...@hp.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:41 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Cc: Administrator <gkot...@vmware.com<mailto:gkot...@vmware.com>>, Dan Smith
<d...@danplanet.com<mailto:d...@danplanet.com>>
Subject: [Nova][Scheduler] Will the Scheuler use Nova Objects?

Hi,

I have heard a couple of conflicting comments about the scheduler and nova
objects that I would like to clear up. In one scheduler/gantt meeting, Gary
Kotton offered to convert the scheduler to use Nova objects. In another I heard
that with the creation of Gantt, the scheduler would avoid using any Nova
specific features including Nova objects.

I can see that these things are evolving at the same time, so it makes sense
that plans or opinions might change. But I am at a point where it would be nice
to know.

Which way should this go?

Paul.

Paul Murray
HP Cloud Services
+44 117 312 9309

Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England. The contents of this message and any attachments to it are
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error,
you should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any recipient
of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should consider this message and
attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".