Dear all,

I am interested to the integration of SAML with keystone and I am analysing
the following blueprint and its implementation:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/keystone/+spec/saml-id

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/71353/

Looking at the code there is something I cannot undertand. In the code it seems
you
will use apache httpd with mod_shib (or other alternatives) to parse saml
assertion
and the code inside keystone will read only the values extrapolated by the
front-end server.

If this is the case, it is not clear to me why you need to register the IdPs,
with its certificate,
in keystone using the new federation API. You can filter the IdP in the server
so why do you need this extra list?
What is the use of the IdP list and the certificate?

Is still this implementation open to discussion or the design is frozen for the
icehouse release?

Thanks in advance,
Marco