Like Chris I'm struggling to keep up with this thread,  but of all the various
messages I've read this is the one that resonates most with me.

My perception of the V3 API improvements (in order to importance to me):
i) The ability to version individual extensions
Crazy that small improvements can't be introduced without having to create a
new extension,  when often the extension really does nothing more that indicate
that some other part of the API code has changed.

ii) The opportunity to get the proper separation between Compute and Network
APIs
Being (I think) one of the few clouds that provides both the Nova and Neutron
API this is a major source of confusion and hence support calls.

iii) The introduction of the task model
I like the idea of tasks, and think it will be a much easier way for users to
interact with the system.   Not convinced that it couldn't co-exist in V2
thought rather than having to co-exist as V2 and V3

iv)Clean-up of a whole bunch of minor irritations / inconsistencies
There are lots of things that are really messy (inconsistent error codes,
aspects of core that are linked to just Xen, etc, etc).  They annoy people the
first time they hit them, then the code around them and move on.    Probably
I've had more hate mail from people writing language bindings than application
developers (who tend to be abstracted from this by the clients)

 Phil