? 2014?03?21? 18:31, Gouzongmei ??:

Hi,

I have a problem when reading the wiki below, which is based on the latest SRIOV design.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PCI_passthrough_SRIOV_support#API_interface

My problem is about the "/PCI SRIOV with tagged flavor"/ part.

        In "pci_information =  { { 'device_id': "8086", 'vendor_id':
        "000[1-2]" }, { 'e.physical_network': 'X' } }" , I'm confused
        what is the "e.physical_network", if it means a network
        resource, why we need to filter the assignable nics by a
        network resource?

this it for the Neutron SRIOV, a physical netowrk is a attribute added to a pci device. if you want allocated a nic from pci, you must ensure we get a PCI device which does connect to the correct physical network as same as Neutron defined.

        Can you please tell me more about the "physical_network" here,
        thanks a lot.

In*"*{'e.physical_netowrk':'X', 'count': 1 }*"*, I think the "count" means the count of virtual nics a SRIOV nic can support, is that right?**

yes.

In the last step while booting a vm with a virtual nic, the command is "nova boot mytest --flavor m1.tiny --image=cirros-0.3.1-x86_64-uec --nic net-id=network_X pci_flavor= '1:phyX_NIC;'".

I noticed that, "pci_flavor" is prompted while there already has the m1.tiny flavor, will the "pci_flavor" be separated from the normal flavor in the next step?

yes. but not mean the pci_flavor is separated from normal flavor, the flavor is the original alias with api support. we rename to pci_flavor because it's just for pci and the flaovr things much more OS style.

hope help you.

Yongli He

Thanks