Hello folks,

I was reading a blogpost mentioned in the newsletter here -
http://redhatstackblog.redhat.com/2014/03/11/an-icehouse-sneak-peek-openstack-compute-nova/
A note about rolling upgrades is mentioned -
The Compute services now allow for a level of rolling upgrade, whereby control
services can be upgraded to Icehouse while they continue to interact with
compute services running code from the Havana release. This allows for a more
gradual approach to upgrading an OpenStack cloud, or logical designated subset
thereof, than has typically been possible in the past.

Where can I obtain more information about this feature?
Does above imply that database is upgraded along with control service update as
well?

One more question - is there an initiative to make icehouse database schema
work with havana based control services ?
If control services were not tightly coupled with database schema, then I could
move one half of control services out of rotation and update from havana to
icehouse,
while other half is still serving traffic. This would help us achieve zero api
downtime during upgrades.
Currently, upgrading first half from one release to another would update
database schema and other half running old services does not work with new
schema.

Thanks,
Meghal