On 05/29/2014 07:23 AM, Alexander Ignatov wrote:
On 28 May 2014, at 20:02, Sergey Lukjanov <slukja...@mirantis.com> wrote:

sahara-image-elements

We're agreed that some common parts should be merged into the
diskimage-builder repo (like java support, ssh, etc.). The main issue
of keeping -image-elements separated is how to release them and
provide mapping sahara version - elements version. You can find
different options in etherpad [0], I'll write here about the option
that I think will work best for us.

So, the idea is that sahara-image-elements is a bunch of scripts and
tools for building images for Sahara. It's high coupled with plugins's
code in Sahara, so, we need to align them good. Current default
decision is to keep aligned versioning like 2014.1 and etc. It'll be
discussed on the weekly irc team meeting May 29.

I vote to keep sahara-image-elements as separate repo and release it
as you Sergey propose. I see problems with sahara-ci when running all bunch
of integration tests for checking image-elements and core sahara code
on each patch sent to sahara repo in case of collapsed two repos.

this problem was raised during the design summit and i thought the resolution was that the sahara-ci could be smart about which set of itests it ran. for instance, a change in the elements would trigger image rebuild, a change outside the elements would trigger service itests. a change that covered both elements and the service could trigger all tests.

is that still possible?

best,

matt