On 2014-06-12, 7:18 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
On 2014-06-11, 7:52 PM, Sean Dague wrote:

I'm concerned about the [nova] section being (one day) overloaded with
options unrelated to the actual nova client configuration. Although my
concern could be wrong.

I feel like you need to put your opperator hat on when it comes to conf
files. Nova is the compute service. Talking to nova is doing nova
things. Nova_client has no real meaning, and it actually gets kind of
confusing what's a client in an openstack cloud.

Because neutron is a nova client, nova is a neutron / glance client /
cinder client, glance is a swift client.

So that subtlety makes sense to people that spend time reading code. But
from an Ops perspective, seems to just add a layer of confusion.

The config file should be a view that makes sense from configuring a
system by someone that's not reading the code. Not just a reflection of
the code structure dejour that parses it.

Which is why I think [nova] makes sense.

I agree with you, [nova] looks more suitable.

--
Mathieu