On 17/06/14 23:53, Daniel Izquierdo wrote:
On 16/06/14 21:25, Ilya Shakhat wrote:
Let me explain how Stackalytics grouping works.
Thanks for the clarification here.

Stefano, given that it's simple to group projects, a

Sorry about this incomplete email u_u. I was trying to wrap up ideas but well... fat trigger finger

Daniel.

Most of groups are created from the official programs <http://programs.yaml>.yaml. Every program turns into item in the module list (colored in violet), for example 'Nova Compute' is a group containing 'nova', 'python-novaclient' and 'nova-specs'. Every type of repo (integrated, incubated and others) turns into the project type, for example 'integrated' type would contain all modules for a chosen release.

Also Stackalytics has a few custom project types <https://github.com/stackforge/stackalytics/blob/master/etc/default_data.json#L7833-L7879>, for example 'infra' is every project under 'openstack-infra' git, or 'documentation' which is the group 'documentation' from programs.yaml. Custom module groups <https://github.com/stackforge/stackalytics/blob/master/etc/default_data.json#L7749-L7778> are also possible, but actually used for stackforge projects only. Currently there's no group for python clients, but it would be very easy to add such group.

Thanks,
Ilya

    On Fri 13 Jun 2014 10:51:24 AM PDT, Stangel, Dan wrote:
    > You can also refer to the example of Stackalytics, who have created
    > their own hierarchy and groupings for metrics reporting:

    https://github.com/stackforge/stackalytics/blob/master/etc/default_data.json

    It's a very neat grouping. It seems to me that the clients are
    grouped
    with their parent git/gerrit repo (nova with python-novaclient, under
    'Compute' program) and Nova is shown alone. I don't see the python
    clients individual repositories or grouped: is that correct?

    For the quarterly reports I will need granularity because I believe
    that clients have different dynamics than their parent project
    (and if
    that proves not to be the case, we can remove this complexity
    later and
    merge data).

    can you share a concrete example of how you group things?

Daniel Izquierdo Cortazar, PhD
Chief Data Officer
---------
"Software Analytics for your peace of mind"
www.bitergia.com
@bitergia