On 25 Jun 2014, at 07:27, Dmitri Zimine <dzim...@stackstorm.com> wrote:

> * We must convey the action ERROR details back to the engine, and to the end
> user. Log is not sufficient. How exactly? Via context? Via extra parameters
> to convey_execution_results? Need a field in the model.
> https://github.com/stackforge/mistral/blob/master/mistral/engine/drivers/default/executor.py#L46-L59

This is a subject for upcoming refactoring. IMO task error should generally be
a special case of result. Most likely, we’ll need to have a class Result
encapsulating all needed information rather than just always thinking of result
as of JSON.

> * What is the reason to update status on task failure in handle_task_error
> via direct DB access, not via convey_task_results?
> https://github.com/stackforge/mistral/blob/master/mistral/engine/drivers/default/executor.py#L61
>  Bypassing convey_task_results can cause grief from missing TRACE statements
> to more serious stuff… And looks like we are failing the whole execution
> there? Just because one action had failed? Please clarify the intend here.
> Note: details may all go away while doing Refine Engine <-> Executor protocol
> blueprint
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/mistral/+spec/mistral-engine-executor-protocol,
>  we just need to clarify the intent

That was an initial design (that didn’t take lots of things into account). I
agree this is all bad. Particularly, we can’t fail the whole execution at once.

Renat Akhmerov
@ Mirantis Inc.