Hi,

I'm working on the Swift implications of using composite authorization [1] [2].

My question for Keystone developers is : what  project-id do we expect the
service token to be scoped to - the service's project or the end-user's
project? When reviewing the Keystone spec, I had assumed the former. However,
now that I'm looking at it in more detail, I would like to check my
understanding.

The implications are:

1/ If scoped to the service's project, the role used must be exclusive to
Glance/Cinder. I.e. an end-user must never be assigned this role. In effect, a
role on one project grants the service user some privileges on every project.

2/ if scoped to the end-user's project, the glance/cinder service user must
have a role on every project that uses them (including across domains); this
seems infeasible.

Regards,

Donagh

[1] swift-specs: https://review.openstack.org/105228