I think we should discuss adding/changing this functionality. I have had many
new users assume that booting from an iso image would give them a root drive
which they could snapshot. I was hoping that the new block device mapping code
would allow something like this, but unfortunately there isn’t a way to do it
there either. You can boot a flavor with an ephemeral drive, but there is no
command to snapshot secondary drives.

Vish