Excerpts from Anita Kuno's message of 2014-08-27 13:48:25 -0700:
> On 08/27/2014 02:46 PM, John Griffith wrote:

> >> +1
> >>
> >> Last summit, it was basically impossible to do any hallway talking and
> >> even meet some folks face-2-face.
> >>
> >> Other than that, I think the proposal is great and makes sense to me.
> >>
> >> Flavio
> >>
> >> --
> >> @flaper87
> >> Flavio Percoco

> > ​Sounds like a great idea to me:
> > +1​

> I think this is a great direction.
>
> Here is my dilemma and it might just affect me. I attended 3 mid-cycles
> this release: one of Neutron's (there were 2), QA/Infra and Cinder. The
> Neutron and Cinder ones were mostly in pursuit of figuring out third
> party and exchanging information surrounding that (which I feel was
> successful). The QA/Infra one was, well even though I feel like I have
> been awol, I still consider this my home.
>
> From my perspective and check with Neutron and Cinder to see if they
> agree, but having at least one person from qa/infra at a mid-cycle helps
> in small ways. At both I worked with folks to help them make more
> efficient use of their review time by exploring gerrit queries (there
> were people who didn't know this magic, nor did they think to ask until
> they saw some dashboards), at Neutron I gave my impromtu
> this-is-how-infra-testing-works in terms of the moving parts, and
> fortunately managed to work in a
> how-to-submit-an-elastic-recheck-fingerprint as well at the Neutron
> mid-cycle.
>
> I don't expect to be able to do all these kind of things at summit, but
> I do think they are valuable.
>
> So my dilemma is on day 4 which room do I choose? I'll feel pulled in
> multiple directions and am uncertain how to select, whatever choice I
> make I will miss out on valuable discussions.
>
> Like I said, probably just my problem, but for me it exists.

You're not alone. Heat devs need to keep tabs on quite a few
cross-project things as well.

It may make sense to coordinate with your fellow infra people to find
out when the most interesting topics are happening and simply move
between rooms.