For the future
==============

IMHO, we shouldn't be pulling in duplicate dependencies when we can control it.
Since tooz is part of stackforge, it's somewhat part of OpenStack.  We should
strive to make all OpenStack projects use one memcached client.

That being said, a quick Google search indicates that pymemcache has some
benefits
over python-memcache, the latter not being python 3 compatible.  Additionally,
pymemcache
was written by the Pinterest people, so I'd imaging it stands up fairly well
under stress.
Perhaps we should consider porting the existing OpenStack projects from
python-memcache
to pymemcache.

In the future, though, we need to make sure to avoid getting into a situation
like this.

For the present

Probably, we'll just have to get pymemcache packaged for Fedora in some form.
Like you said, it can be bundled in RDO.  If you're not using RDO I think it's
safe to just tell people to install it from other sources (pip install) until
we can get the package into Fedora.

Best Regards,
Solly Ross