On Oct 1, 2014, at 2:05 PM, Fox, Kevin M <kevin....@pnnl.gov> wrote:

> Has anyone figured out a way of having a floating ip like feature with docker
> so that you can have rabbitmq, mysql, or ceph mon's at fixed ip's and be able
> to migrate them around from physical host to physical host and still have
> them at fixed locations that you can easily put in static config files?

There are[1] many[2] ways[3] to do this, but in general I don’t think they pass
the “too much magic” sniff test. I think the standard docker approach of
passing in the necessary ips via environment variables is probably the most
user friendly option. Containers are light-weight enough to restart if the data
changes.

[1] https://github.com/coreos/flannel
[2] https://github.com/vishvananda/wormhole
[3] https://github.com/openshift/geard/blob/master/docs/linking.md