On Dec 15, 2014, at 3:21 PM, Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> wrote:

> The issue with stable/juno jobs failing because of the difference in the
> SQLAlchemy requirements between the older applications and the newer oslo.db
> is being addressed with a new release of the 1.2.x series. We will then cap
> the requirements for stable/juno to 1.2.1. We decided we did not need to
> raise the minimum version of oslo.db allowed in kilo, because the old
> versions of the library do work, if they are installed from packages and not
> through setuptools.
>
> Jeremy created a feature/1.2 branch for us, and I have 2 patches up [1][2] to
> apply the requirements fix. The change to the oslo.db version in stable/juno
> is [3].
>
> After the changes in oslo.db merge, I will tag 1.2.1.

After spending several hours exploring a bunch of options to make this actually
work, some of which require making changes to test job definitions, grenade, or
other long-term changes, I’m proposing a new approach:

1. Undo the change in master that broke the compatibility with versions of
SQLAlchemy by making master match juno: https://review.openstack.org/141927
2. Update oslo.db after ^^ lands.
3. Tag oslo.db 1.4.0 with a set of requirements compatible with Juno.
4. Change the requirements in stable/juno to skip oslo.db 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.

I’ll proceed with that plan tomorrow morning (~15 hours from now) unless
someone points out why that won’t work in the mean time.

Doug