I've been going over the packaging problem in an effort to see how we can
move to something better. Given the current proposal around bower I'm still
left with a production deployment question.

For a build environment sitting in isolation, unable to download from the
Internet including Github, how would they be able to get all the bower
controlled packages to create a system horizon package (e.g., rpm or deb)?

These build environments currently use mirrors and controlled packages. For
example, someone might have a pypi mirror with copies of the xstatic
packages. This is tightly controlled. If bower is managing packages where,
in theory, would it get them from for an environment like this?

I may have missed something. If this has already been answered please
excuse me and point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Matt