Yes. That's right.

Also there is a unit test here [1] which mocks "ip netns exec".

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145005/5/neutron_vpnaas/tests/unit/services/vpn/device_drivers/test_ipsec.py

Thanks
Numan

On 01/21/2015 02:22 PM, Kevin Benton wrote:
So the test wouldn't make much sense then without the creation of the namespace, right? If that's the case, it sounds like it is a very low level functional test making sure that routes can be installed into namespaces.