On 01/26/2015 07:33 AM, Chris Friesen wrote:
Hi,

I'm interested in the recent work around NUMA support for guest
instances
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/virt-driver-numa-placement), but
I'm having some difficulty figuring out what versions of libvirt and
qemu are required.

 From the research that I've done it seems like qemu 2.1 might be
required, but I've been unable to find a specific version listed in the
nova requirements or in the openstack global requirements.  Is it there
and I just can't find it?

If it's not specified, and yet openstack relies on it, perhaps it should
be added.  (Or at least documented somewhere.)

Hi Chris,

The constants starting here:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/tree/nova/virt/libvirt/driver.py#n340

should answer your questions.