+1

Will be an interesting analysis; I've also never understood this desire to use eventlet (perhaps it's written somewhere?). It seems like most of the applications in openstack (maybe leaving out the WSGI entrypoints) can be scaled horizontally and mostly just do a large amount of work that blocks (and python afaik itself will swap in/out threads when this happens) on I/O, sockets, other...

The highly concurrent situation seems only *slightly* applicable on the WSGI/webserver entrypoints (although this IMHO is 'meh', since we have multiple workers here anyway, and those should be scalable with new processes if needed) and maybe 'conductor' applications (although this should also be horizontally scalable using child-processes if it's really a bottleneck).

-Josh