From: Eric Windisch <e...@windisch.us<mailto:e...@windisch.us>>
Date: Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 10:09 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Magnum] Scheduling for Magnum

1) Cherry pick scheduler code from Nova, which already has a working a filter
scheduler design.
2) Integrate swarmd to leverage its scheduler[2].

I see #2 as not an alternative but possibly an "also". Swarm uses the Docker
API, although they're only about 75% compatible at the moment. Ideally, the
Docker backend would work with both single docker hosts and clusters of Docker
machines powered by Swarm. It would be nice, however, if scheduler hints could
be passed from Magnum to Swarm.

Regards,
Eric Windisch

Adrian & Eric,

I would prefer to keep things simple and just integrate directly with swarm and
leave out any cherry-picking from Nova. It would be better to integrate
scheduling hints into Swarm, but I’m sure the swarm upstream is busy with
requests and this may be difficult to achieve.

Regards
-steve