Hello folks,

(Apologies for the numerous tags, but my question straddles multiple areas I
believe)

I’m a core developer on the Barbican team and we are interested in database
upgrade testing via Grenade. In addition to Grenade documentation I’ve looked
at two blueprints [1][2] the Ceilometer project merged in last year, and the
CRs created for them. It would appear that in order to utilize Grenade testing
for Barbican, we would need submit CRs to both Grenade (to add an
‘update-barbican’ script) and to Tempest (to add Barbican-centric resources to
the javeline.py module).

As Barbican is not yet out of incubation, would such Grenade and Tempest CRs
need to wait until we are out of incubation?  If we do have to wait, is anyone
aware of an alternative method of such upgrade testing without need to submit
changes to Grenade and Tempest (similar to the DevStack gate hook back to the
project)?

[1]
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/ceilometer-specs/specs/juno/grenade-upgrade-testing.html
[2]