> On 10 Feb 2015, at 23:02, Andrew Woodward <xar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> previously we used squid in 3.0 and before. The main problem is that the
> deployment would proceeded even if not all the packages where cached or even
> available on the remote. This often lead to broken deployments that where
> hard to debug and a waste of alot of time. This _MUST_ be resolved or we will
> re-introduce this horrible work flow that we had placed all the packages on
> the system for to begin with.

Anyway we need to ensure our QA is run against fresh mirror, that would prevent
a lot of problems. We also think about how situation in the field can differ
from our labs and QA infra - there might be differences indeed.

> I think we need to add a requirements that we need to be able to:
> a) pre-populate the cacher
> b) we need to not start the deployment until we either have every package in
> the chache (eiew) or at least know every package is reachable currently (or
> allow the user to select either as a deployment criteria)

This sounds for me like creating local mirror ;) We don’t want to do this.
We are thinking about mirror verification tool, it was mentioned by eifferent
guys already. Do you really think we should prepopulate cache? I hink first
node deployment will fetch a lot of packages, and other nodes will be easier.
Once we have prototype, we will see some number.

Regards,
--
Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
Sr. OpenStack Engineer