On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:18:49PM +0000, Claudiu Belu wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to request a FFE for the Hyper-V unit tests refactoring
> blueprint:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/hyper-v-test-refactoring
>
> The point of the blueprint was to get rid of the ancient test_hypervapi.py
> tests, that use mox, as they prove more and more difficult to maintain,
> especially when adding new features or fixing bugs. Those tests would be
> replaced with mock unit tests, per Ops class.
>
> There were 11 commits in total, 6 already merged, 5 remain. Out of these 5,
> the last 2 are trivial:

> [4] https://review.openstack.org/148980 - unit tests for methods that have 1
> instruction each. Just to have coverage on all the modules.
>
> [5] https://review.openstack.org/139798 - just removes test_hypervapi.py
>
> The commits have been reviewed, already have a couple of +1s.
>

> Note: this blueprint is limited to the Hyper-V unit tests and does not
> change the functionality of the Driver in any way. It is barely worthy
> of the name blueprint and I consider it more of a bug, rather than a
> blueprint. This will improve maintainability, readability and coverage
> for the Hyper-V classes.

Yeah, I personally don't think this kind of code cleanup requires a
blueprint at all, and probably doesn't even need a bug either. So
from my POV you don't need to even request this FFE - I'd be happy
with those tests cleanups being merged any time except for during
the very final code freeze before release. Lets see if other nova
cores agree...

Regards,
Daniel