Dan,

One of the technical guys here at Cisco asked me a really good technical
question about libvirt upgrades in containers which I was unable to answer.  My
suspicion is the linux VM system just sorts it out, but I wanted to get your
input.

Assume libvirt version 1 is running in a container.  We kill the container,
qemu processes go to the main pid space as detailed in my blog[1] using the
—pid=host feature you developed.  Now version #2 of qemu is started during an
atomic upgrade (pull, stop, start of the container) to libvirt version 2.  How
does the operating system know to keep a copy of version #1 around until the
system reboots?

Thanks
-steve

[1]