All,
We spent some time at the OSSG mid-cycle meet-up this week discussing root
wrap, looking at the existing code, and considering some of the mailing list
discussions.

Summary of our discussions:
https://github.com/hyakuhei/OSSG-Security-Practices/blob/master/ossg_rootwrap.md

The one line summary is we like the idea of a privileged daemon with higher
level interfaces to the commands being run. It has a number of advantages such
as easier to audit, enables better input sanitization, cleaner interfaces, and
easier to take advantage of Linux capabilities, SELinux, AppArmour, etc. The
write-up has some more details.

--
Lucas Fisher
Senior Security Software Engineer | Nebula Inc.