Maybe add a Changelog in the repo and maintain it?

http://keepachangelog.com/

Option #2 is OK but it can cause pain when testing -- upon each fresh
installation from ISO we would get that message and it might break some
tests though that is fixable. Option #3 is OK too. #1 is worst and I
wouldn't do it.

Or maybe display that info when showing all the commands (typing 'fuel'
or 'fuel -h')? We already have a deprecation warning there concerning
client/config.yaml, it is not very disturbing and shouldn't break any
currently used automation scripts.

P.