I think there are valid reasons to not use namespaces:

  *   Fewer moving parts == less can potentialy fail
  *   Troubleshooting is easier due to less places to look / need no
familiarity with namespaces & tools
  *   If I remember correctly setting up a namespace can get really slow when
you have a lot of them on a single machine

> IMHO, those shouldn’t be valid reasons anymore, since they were due iproute,
> or sudo issues
> that have been corrected long ago, and all distros installing neutron are
> supporting netns at this

Well, you exactly made my point:
There is lots that can and will go wrong with more moving parts.
That they are fixed at the moment does not mean that there will not be a new
bug in the future…

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen