Kuvaja, Erno wrote:
> [...]
> This is one of the benefits/caveats of having a single dev mailing list.
> There is lots of noise for everyone, but this particular noise is one of
> those I think we should not get rid of.

One area where we could work to remove noise would be to move new core
reviewers nomination/suggestion threads out of the ML. They are mostly
useless IMHO (only +1s), and PTLs are empowered to make the call anyway.

That's one area where the PTL could move to "ask for forgiveness" model.
If we really want a feedback mechanism, we could look for a way to move
that to Gerrit or some other lightweight voting tool.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)