Hi everyone,

I am announcing my candidacy for Documentation PTL.

I have been contributing to the OpenStack documentation project since 2013, and
have been a core contributor since early 2014. During that time I have been
supporting and promoting the OpenStack documentation community in the southern
hemisphere, through the implementation and running of regular APAC
documentation meetings. These are designed to alternate with the US-timed
meetings, and provide a forum for people in the Asia-Pacific region to be able
to collaborate during a suitable time slot. I have also been actively
coordinating Australia-based meet ups and documentation swarms. Some of you
might have met me at the Paris Summit, where Anne and I gave a talk about
working in an enterprise environment with an upstream[1].

I am employed by Rackspace, and I work from my home in Brisbane, Australia. My
job title is officially “Senior Manager, Information Development”, but what
that really means is that I look after a team of fantastic writers in Australia
and the United States, all of whom are OpenStack ATCs. I have been managing
documentation teams in some capacity for nearly five years, and I’ve been a
technical writer for a decade, but (like most writers) I’ve been writing all of
my life.

Over the past year or so I have been working closely with Anne, seeing the
amazing things she has done (and continues to do) with this group. If elected
as PTL, I intend to continue that close relationship, and build on what she has
already achieved. We need to continue the RST conversion, and move closer to an
Every Page is Page One-style delivery mechanism. I also want to keep a focus on
information architecture as a whole, and making sure that we’re delivering
documentation that our readers can really use. I would also like to work
towards a more effective collaboration with our corporate contributors: giving
them greater access to documentation that they can use as a base for their own
products, and enabling them to more easily give back to our upstream community.

I’d love to have your support for the PTL role, I’m looking forward to being
able to better serve this community, and continue to see it grow and flourish.

Thanks,
Lana

1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hWdD2t43JY

Lana Brindley