Hi everybody,

   In the latest QoS meeting, one of the topics was a discussion about how to
implement
QoS [1] either as in core, or as a service plugin, in, or out-tree.

   It’s my feeling, and Mathieu’s that it looks more like a core feature, as
we’re talking of
port properties that we define at high level, and most plugins (QoS capable)
may want
to implement at dataplane/controlplane level, and also that it’s something
requiring a good
amount of review.

   In the other hand Irena and Sean were more concerned about having a good
separation
of concerns (I agree actually with that part), and being able to do quicker
iterations on a
separate stackforge repo.

   Since we didn’t seem to find an agreement, and I’m probably missing some
details,
I’d like to loop in our core developers and PTL to provide an opinion on this.

[1]
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/neutron_qos/2015/neutron_qos.2015-04-21-14.03.log.html#l-192

Thanks for your patience,
Miguel Angel Ajo