From: Asha Seshagiri <asha.seshag...@gmail.com<mailto:asha.seshag...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 4:57 PM
To: openstack-dev
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>>
Cc: John Wood <john.w...@rackspace.com<mailto:john.w...@rackspace.com>>,
"Reller, Nathan S."
<nathan.rel...@jhuapl.edu<mailto:nathan.rel...@jhuapl.edu>>, Douglas Mendizabal
<douglas.mendiza...@rackspace.com<mailto:douglas.mendiza...@rackspace.com>>,
Paul Kehrer <paul.keh...@rackspace.com<mailto:paul.keh...@rackspace.com>>, Adam
Harwell <adam.harw...@rackspace.com<mailto:adam.harw...@rackspace.com>>, Alexis
Lee <alex...@hp.com<mailto:alex...@hp.com>>,
"nut...@gmail.com<mailto:nut...@gmail.com>"
<nut...@gmail.com<mailto:nut...@gmail.com>>
Subject: Barbican : Dependency of pyenv configuration in Barbican.sh script

Hi All,

I would like to know the reason behind the dependency of the pyenv virtual
environment and pyenv in the barbican.sh script.
Ideally in the production environment  , barbican would run on standalone
virtual box with a particular python version .I feel that their dependecies
needs to be removed from the script.

Was able to stand up the barbican instance without configuring pyenv and
pyenv-virtualenv dependencies  by modifying the barbican script , installing
few additional packages and exporting the python path to PATH variable
Please find the change in barbican.sh script for installation and starting of
the script below :

VENV_DIR=${VIRTUAL_ENV:-`pyenv prefix`} -> This line needs to be removed
uwsgi --master --emperor $CONFIG_DIR/vassals -H  $VENV_DIR -> The  $VENV_DIR
variable need to be removed as an argument and -H as an option.

The barbican script has been tied to $VENV_DIR variable which is dependent on
the pyenv  for python configuration.Hence the barbican.sh  script needs to be
modified to remove $VENV_DIR variable  by configuring python path in PATH
variable.
On doing this , we can avoid the sourcing the pyenv and pyenv-virtualenv
packages  and its dependices on Barbican script.

Any help would be highly appreciated and also would like to know opinion from
the openstack group  on the changes indicated
Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards,
Asha Seshagiri