On 4/23/15 11:41 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
That change works on the dataset. However I was referring to the
db/object api (which I have no real knowledge of) that it should be able
to get_by_uuid unmigrated instances and in my case I got the traceback
given in that paste. It's possible I'm just using the API incorrectly.
You should be able to pull migrated or unmigrated instances, yes. The
tests for the flavor stuff do this (successfully) at length. The
traceback you have seems like a half-migrated instance, where there is a
non-null flavor column on the instance_extra record, which shouldn't be
possible. The line numbers also don't match master, so I'm not sure
exactly what you're running.

If you can track down where in your dataset that is hitting and maybe
figure out what is going on, we can surely address it, but the current
tests cover all the cases I can think of at the moment.

Any chance you're tripping over something that was a casualty of
previous failures here?
I suspect I did manage to create an instance in between the two states when trying to set up my tests. Your fix works fine now, thanks.

Oh yes, we want that restriction, but a way around it for instances that
may be stuck or just testing purposes could be useful.
Yeah, as long as we're clear about the potential for problems if they
run --force on a moving target...

Yep. If this could get reviewed+merged that'd be great. I need this for turbo-hipster to sanely step through the migrate part.

Cheers,
Josh

--Dan