Hi all, this is about a problem I'm seeing with my Neutron ML2 mechanism driver [1]. I'm expecting to see an update_port_postcommit call to signal that the binding:host_id for a port is changing, but I don't see that.

The scenario is launching a new instance in a cluster with two compute hosts, where we've rigged things so that one of the compute hosts will always be chosen first, but libvirt isn't correctly configured there and hence the instance launching attempt will fail. Then Nova tries to use the other compute host instead, and that mostly works - except that my mechanism driver still thinks that the new instance's port is still bound to the first compute host.

Is anyone aware of a known problem in this area (in Juno-level code), or where I could like to start pinning this down in more detail?

Many thanks,
        Neil