Hi Thomas,

On 16/05/15 06:52, Thomas Goirand wrote:

On 05/15/2015 10:37 AM, neil.jer...@metaswitch.com wrote:
Out of interest, have you done this by re-releasing the Ubuntu
packaging? Or have you taken an independent approach?

Regards,
     Neil

It's been since Folsom that I've released packages on my own in Debian.
Absolutely zero packaging work was imported from Ubuntu to Debian in
this release also. In fact, it's the opposite which (often) happens: the
last release, Juno, in Ubuntu, was using nearly 100% of my work for
packaging the dependencies (including Oslo libraries and the
python-*client packages). This last Kilo release is different because I
couldn't upload to Debian during the freeze of Jessie, so Canonical had
to work on Oslo packages of their own.

Many thanks for explaining all this. For some reason I had it in my mind that OpenStack hadn't previously been released to the main Debian archive, but clearly that is just wrong.

This shows especially on the
naming of the oslo packages, with a dash in Ubuntu (which seems to be a
mistake), and a dot in Debian (which is compatible with what the
egg-info declares).

I recall people on this ML talking about some systematic change in Oslo module naming - could it possibly be related?

Regards,
        Neil