On 22/05/15 12:35 -0700, Richard Raseley wrote:
Daniel Comnea wrote:
Since i couldn't attend the summit, are there any AIs which needs to
happen/ take place and which i can keep an eye on?

There weren't any action items, which aren't already (in whole or in part) in flight as part of their respective product discussions.

From my perspective, a couple of the key bits which came out of the discussion were:

* There needs to be a lot of consideration given to the use-case of containers as pets, not just as cattle. This is especially important from a service provider point of view. People want things like live-migration, non-ephemeral storage, etc.

* There is some confusion around what networking models play in what ways (e.g. Neutron integration).

* Interest in how Glance is going to solve the issue of 'hierarchical images' (for lack of a better term), which is important to some container models. This was as coupled with interest in making Glance a more generic artifact storage service.

There's work going on on something called Artifacts[0], which - in a
poorly worded definition - is an enhancement of the current image
model in Glance.

It'll take some time for the full migration to happen but that should
solve your requirement.

[0]
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/glance-specs/specs/kilo/artifact-repository.html

Again, as I understand it these are already known quantities. If anyone feels I've misrepresented parts of our discussion here, please let me know.

Regards,

Richard

@flaper87
Flavio Percoco