Hi Steve,

yes, it makes sense, thanks for clarification.

Flag --or-update for image create cmd looks as a good solution.

Marek

On 2.6.2015 23:34 Steve Martinelli wrote:
I'm thinking that the current approach is probably how we want to keep
things. I can't imagine many other projects being okay with multiple
create calls with the same name.
Though if you're really adamant about including that support, we could
include a new flag (--or-update) that performs the update if it's found,
otherwise it continues with a new create.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Steve Martinelli
OpenStack Keystone Core

Marek Aufart <mauf...@redhat.com> wrote on 06/02/2015 10:55:20 AM:

 > From: Marek Aufart <mauf...@redhat.com>
 > To: openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org
 > Date: 06/02/2015 10:55 AM
 > Subject: [openstack-dev] [openstackclient] Image create-or-update
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > I have a question related to openstack image create command v1 from
 > python-openstackclient.
 >
 > It behaves like create-or-update (if image with *name* specified for
 > create already existed, it is updated). Actually it looks, that it is in
 > collision with glance, which allows create multiple images with same
 > names instead of update one.
 >
 > Is the create-or-update approach still wanted?
 >
 > Related code:
 > https://github.com/openstack/python-openstackclient/blob/master/
 > openstackclient/image/v1/image.py#L247-L269
 >
 > Thanks.
 >
 > --
 > Marek Aufart
 >
 > Email: mauf...@redhat.com
 >
 > IRC: maufart / aufi on freenode

Marek Aufart

Engineer, OpenStack Management UI team, Red Hat

Email: mauf...@redhat.com
Cell: +420 737 366 697
IRC: maufart / aufi on freenode