On 6/9/15 1:08 PM, Mike Bayer wrote:

So for Openstack, we would mostly worry about code that is doing things oddly in some unexpected way, however all the Openstack code I've seen tends to be very ORM centric and uses the ORM very conservatively so I don't anticipate any problems. I would note that some silently-/ quasi- failing use cases for query.update() and query.delete() now raise exceptions in 1.0. They both emit warnings in 0.9 but I just checked and apparently one of these warnings is only in the as-yet unreleased 0.9.10. I've just added an extra migration note for one of these which appeared to be missing in the migration document (as of this writing it should be up on RTD within an hour).

That said, the document which tries to capture everything that might be surprising is at http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/changelog/migration_10.html.

here are those:

http://sqlalchemy.readthedocs.org/en/rel_1_0/changelog/migration_10.html#query-update-query-delete-raises-if-used-with-join-select-from-from-self
http://sqlalchemy.readthedocs.org/en/rel_1_0/changelog/migration_10.html#query-update-with-synchronize-session-evaluate-raises-on-multi-table-update