Dmitry,

If you chose to use Rally framework for testing there are 3 opportunities:

 - Keep Rally plugins (tests) in separated tree
 - Keep Rally plugins (tests) in your project tree
 - Keep Rally plugins (tests) in Rally repo

Rally plugins can be used for all kinds of testing: (perf, scalability,
load...)
so you are killing two birds with one stone.

P.S. I would imho prefer to keep all high quality plugins inside Rally repo
to simplify operators life..

Best regards,
Boris Pavlovic