On 02/07/2015 4:43 AM, Ryota Mibu wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to see how we can develop new alarm features, since I'm working on
event-alarm.

Having duplicated code bases may confuse developer too, so we should have some
policies like:

  * aodh focus on making sure that it provides existing API and functionality
as of kilo to end users
  * ceilometer/alarm is open to develop new experimental features until L2/L3
  * having a merge window to move those new features to aodh from
ceilometer/alarm around L3

What do you think?

this sounds like a good idea, we should probably adopt something similar to the graduation process for oslo libs. at quick glance, the code is all structured the same -- under different main folder -- so i believe it should be a easy port if coding against current ceilometer repo to move it under aodh afterwards.

Thanks,
Ryota