On 08/07/2015 10:52 PM, Robert Collins wrote:
I don't know why Nova has a requirement expressed on pip, since
requirements.txt is evaluated by pip its too late. Does Nova actually
consume pip itself?

pip is not listed in the requirements.txt file of nova. pip is listed in the global requirements:

https://github.com/openstack/requirements/blob/master/global-requirements.txt#L112

My understanding is that it is possible to use pip>=6.0. Is that wrong?

Is there an other place where we documented which version of pip can be used with the requirement.txt files (based on global-requirements.txt)?

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect