Hi,

In Kolla we are packaging gnocchi in a container.  It has a dependency on
pg_config as part of the build system.  I’d like to know from a gnocchi expert
if this build time dependency relies on postgresql configured in some way, or
does it just look for standard library paths?

The reason is we run each service as a micro-service meaning each binary runs
in a separate container.  If gnocchi relies on postgres configuration to do its
build operation, it would mean we would have to run postgresql in our container
at the same time as gnocchi.  I have big concerns with that – less concerned
about image size bloat (the case of just looking at library paths).

Answers welcome and if my question wasn’t clear please ask.

Thanks!
-steve