On 08/27/2015 08:43 PM, Douglas Fish wrote:
I took a quick look at the projects Daisy listed. None of them are ready
to be translated yet.

*Manila UI and Tuskar UI*
These projects don't have PO/POT files yet. In order to be ready they
need to start with step 1 from Daisy's note.

*Horizon Cisco UI*
Has a locale file
https://github.com/openstack/horizon-cisco-ui/tree/master/horizon_cisco_ui/cisco/locale
I don't see a Horizon-Cisco-UI project in either transifex or zanata
(step 2 from Daisy's note).

I'm looking at this page
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Translations/Infrastructure
and it doesn't seem to be up to date with any Zanata-based information.

How would these teams go about implementing steps 2 and 3 if they want
to be available to be translated?

for 2: Ask one of the transifex admins - best send an email to the openstack-i18n list and ask for it.

For 3: Send a change to project config to add the translation jobs. This might need some tweaking to the scripts in jenkins/scripts as well since horizon like projects are often setup differently than the normal python projects,

Andreas

Doug Fish

<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
 > Date: 08/25/2015 04:27 AM
 > Subject: [openstack-dev] [horizon][i18n] Horizon plugins translation
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > I see there are several UI plugins in Horizon, which are in
 > OpenStack projects.yaml.
 > They are: horizon-cisco-ui, manila-ui and tuskar-ui.
 > They are using separated repo now.
 >
 > As the translation coordinator, I want to understand
 > which of them want to be translated into multiple languages in
 > Liberty release.
 > Are they ready to be translated ?
 >
 > As a separated repo, if these plugins want to be translated,
 > they need to:
 > 1. Create locale folder and generate pot files in the repo
 > 2. Create project in translation tool
 > 3. Create auto jobs to upload pot files and download translations
 > from translation tool.
 >
 > Please let me know your thoughts.
 >
 > Best regards
 > Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)