On 3 September 2015 at 17:55, Hirofumi Ichihara <
ichihara.hirof...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Good work and thank you for your help with my patch.
>
> Anyway, I don’t know when does bp owner have to merge the code by.
> I can see the following sentence in bp rule[1]
> “The PTL will create a <release>-backlog directory during the RC window
> and move all specs which didn’t make the <release> there.”
> Did we have to merge the implementation by L-3? Or can we merge it in RC-1?
>
> [1]:
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/blueprints.html#neutron-bp-and-spec-notes

It depends on the extent of the changes remaining to merge. There is no
hard and fast rule, because every blueprint is different: the code can be
complex and pervasive, or simple and isolated. In the former even a small
patch may be deferred, in the latter even a dozen patches could be merged
during RC. Some other blueprints are best completed during feature freeze,
because of the rebase risk they cause...

Bottom line: never leave it to last minute!