On Sep 1, 2015, at 8:36 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.math...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of an API outside of OpenStack that would return
> 400 in this situation (arbitrary query string parameters)? Based on my past
> experience, I'd expect them to be ignored, but I can't think of a reason why
> a 400 would be a bad idea (but I suspect there's some prior art / discussion
> out there).

Good question! I think it’s a great idea to look outside OpenStack-land to see
what’s going on in the wider world of APIs.

One example is listing containers in the Docker API [1]. A number of other
resources will also return a 400 if a bad parameter is used.

Everett

[1]
https://docs.docker.com/reference/api/docker_remote_api_v1.20/#list-containers