On 09/14/2015 03:54 PM, Ruby Loo wrote:

On 11 September 2015 at 04:56, Dmitry Tantsur <dtant...@redhat.com
<mailto:dtant...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    Hi all!

    Our install guide is huge, and I've just approved even more text for
    it. WDYT about splitting it into "Basic Install Guide", which will
    contain bare minimum for running ironic and deploying instances, and
    "Advanced Install Guide", which will the following things:
    1. Using Bare Metal service as a standalone service
    2. Enabling the configuration drive (configdrive)
    3. Inspection
    4. Trusted boot
    5. UEFI

    Opinions?

Thanks for bringing this up Dmitry. Any idea whether there is some sort
of standard format/organization of install guides for the other
OpenStack projects?

Not sure

> And/or maybe we should ask Ops folks (non developers
:-))

Fair enough. I've proposed basic vs advanced split based on what we did for TripleO downstream, which was somewhat user-driven.

--ruby