On 9/15/2015 10:27 AM, Mike Spreitzer wrote:
Monty Taylor <mord...@inaugust.com> wrote on 09/15/2015 11:04:07 AM:

 > a) an update to python-novaclient to allow a named network to be passed
 > to satisfy the "you have more than one network" - the nics argument is
 > still useful for more complex things

I am not using the latest, but rather Juno.  I find that in many places
the Neutron CLI insists on a UUID when a name could be used.  Three
cheers for any campaign to fix that.

It's my understanding that network names in neutron, like security groups, are not unique, that's why you have to specify a UUID.

And, yeah, creating VMs on a shared public network is good too.

Thanks,
mike

Matt Riedemann