> On 13 Oct 2015, at 07:42, Thomas Goirand <z...@debian.org> wrote:
> In this particular case (ie: a difficult upstream which makes it
> impossible to have the same result with pip and system packages)

I don’t know how carefully you’ve followed this email trail, but the “difficult
upstream” has had a policy in place for six months that ensures that you can
have the same result with pip and system packages. For six months we have only
updated to versions of urllib3 that are actually released, and therefore that
are definitely available from pip (and potentially available from the
distribution).

The reason this has not been working is because the distributions, when they
unbundle us, have not been populating their setup.py to reflect the dependency:
only their own metadata. We’ve been in contact with them, and this change is
being made in the distributions we have relationships with.

Cory